Hells Gate National Park Day Tour
- Explore fascinating Hell’s Gate National Park near Lake Naivasha.
- Search out herbivores and birdlife on a walking tour of the park
- Taste local cuisine and mingle with locals at, you guessed it, a local restaurant.
- Learn about conservation at the Elsamere Conservation Centre, once home to Joy Adamson.
What is included
- Local English speaking guide, transportation, entry fees and local lunch
Hell’s Gate, you say? Amazing, we say. Come explore this wicked National Park with us (pun intended) on a day tour from Nairobi that you won’t soon forget.
From Nairobi we’ll head north towards Lake Naivasha, stopping along the way to take in breathtaking views of the Rift Valley before proceeding towards the lake. If you’ve forgotten your camera, you’re going to be regretting it already.
Not long after, we’ll arrive at Hell’s Gate National Park, a massive 70 sq. km park that is one among only a few National Parks in Kenya where walking is permitted (just mind your step, eh?).
The park is full of herbivores, and there are bird-watching opportunities. Combine that with hot springs, spectacular cliffs, and gorges, and you’ll have hours and hours’ worth of amazing African-ness to explore.
Try not to get too caught up, though, as your lunch is not to be missed. You’ll eat at a local restaurant where you’ll sample regional cuisine and engage with the locals – pretty much one of our favorite things about traveling.
With stomachs full, we’ll head to the Elsamere Conservation Centre on the shores of the lake, which was once the home of Joy and George Adamson, who devoted their lives to wildlife conservation. They are famously remembered for their relationship with the lioness Elsa, having reared her from a cub and released her back into the wild.
On that heartwarming note, we’ll head back to Nairobi after a full day of exploring.
- Local English speaking guide, transportation, entry fees, local lunch.
- All drinks, tips or gratuities for your local guide and driver, items of a personal nature.
- Dress standard: When packing, be aware that dress standards are conservative throughout Africa. To respect this, and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means covering shoulders and no short shorts. We recommend a mixture of loose, lightweight clothing and warm clothing for the evenings. Shorts should be knee-length. Singlets and tank tops are not suitable. Topless sun bathing is unacceptable.
- Confirmation of booking: If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We’ll see you at your hotel for pick up. Please check your hotel details are correct on the voucher. If your details are not correct, it is very important to please email us to confirm your correct pick up hotel using the contact details on the voucher. If you prefer you may also phone the change through to us during business hours.
- Closure of sites: In rare circumstances, access to the Elsamere Conservation Centre may be temporarily closed. Should this happen, an alternative itinerary will be proposed.
- Child Policy: Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at half the Adult rate. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
[caldera_form_modal id=”CF59a2a8cbcbf7f” type=”button” width=”600″]Send Enquiry[/caldera_form_modal]