Full Day Lake Nakuru Day Trip
Lake Nakuru is known as an ornithological paradise by bird-watchers because the lake is world famous as the location of the greatest bird spectacle on earth which boasts anywhere between one and two million lesser and greater pink flamingos that feed on the abundant algae thriving in the lakes warm waters. This full day excursion to the Lake Nakuru gives you the opportunity to observe the world renowned flamingos as well search for other wildlife such as buffaloes, rhinocerous, giraffes and baboons. Lake Nakuru is world famous also as a sanctuary for both black and white rhino. Besides that, more than 400 species of birds can be seen in the park. Between the lake and the cliffs in the west, large pythons inhabit the dense woodland, and can often be seen crossing the roads or dangling from trees.
We shall drive through the floor of the Great Rift Valley from Nairobi, while stopping on the way for curios and to admire and marvel at the breathtaking views of the escarpment along the way. We arrive at Lake Nakuru National Park in time for a mid-morning game drive. Have picnic lunch at leisure. As we find our way out of the park; we have another game drive and embark on our way to Nairobi.
Lake Nakuru Day Trip Daily Departure Excursions Itinerary
- 0600hrs: Pick up
- 0700hrs: Depart Nairobi for Nakuru
- 1000hrs: Arrive at Lake Nakuru National park and proceed for a 2hr game drive
- 1230hrs: Enjoy lunch at the Lake Nakuru Lodge or similar
- 1430hrs: Have an afternoon game drive enroute to Nairobi
- 1830hrs: Arrive in Nairobi and be dropped off at the picking point
- Transport in an exclusive tour van with a raised roof hatch for game viewing
- Services of a qualified tour driver guide
- Park entry fee
- 500 ml bottle of drinking water
- Tips and Gratitude
- Any other items not mentioned above