3 Days Nyirangongo Volcano
We have designed a well-balanced program with little stress. Depart from Kigali you will go to Gisenyi on the shores of Lake Kivu for a relaxing afternoon. In the morning your cross the border at Goma and start climbing the Volcano. You will spend the night on the crater rim and descend the next day. Your driver/guide will take you back to Kigali.
Day 1:Kigali To Gisenyi
On arrival at Kigali international airport your driver/guide will take you to Gisenyi on the shores of Lake Kivu.
In the afternoon you have time to explore Gisenyi town. Optional activities can be organized by the lodge. Activities today are at your own cost.
You will sleep in Paradise Malahide. Each comfortable bungalow was built using local wood and volcanic rock to blend seamlessly into the natural beauty of the area.
A perfect night’s sleep awaits you as you fall asleep to the sounds of Lake Kivu floating into the shore. In the morning, you will be enchanted by the songs of the fishermen and birds.
Accommodation: Paradise Malahidhe
Meal Plan: Lunch & Dinner
Day 2: Climb Nyiragongo Volcano
Your driver will take you to the Kibati patrol post on the foot of the Nyiragongo volcano. You will start hiking at 10 AM in the morning. You will have your own porter to carry your backpack and your personal cook will prepare your meal on top of the crater rim. Dream It Do It East Africa Safaris will provide you with an overnight backpack which a sleeping bag and warm fleece shirt.
The Nyiragongo is one of the world’s most active volcanoes and has the world’s largest lava lake. This strato volcano recently erupted in 2002 but is predictable and therefore safe to climb. The volcano’s forested lower slopes are home to a variety of animals, including monkeys and bushbucks.
In the late afternoon you will reach the top with an extraordinary view of the crater filled with sea of lava. You are one of the few persons to admire this spectacle. After a nice hot meal, prepared by your personal cook, you have some time to relax and enjoy the view.
At night you can see the sea of lava in the crater which results in fantastic photo’s! You will sleep in one of the basic huts on the crater rim.
Accommodation: Nyiragongo summit shelter
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Day 3: Return to Kigali
Today you will descend and have a picnic lunch. After this amazing experience your driver/guide will take you across the border again and he will take you to your accommodation in Kigali or drop you at the airport in time for you flight.
Please note that with the 2 day program you will not arrive in Kigali before 6 PM. It is possible to book an extra night in Kigali depending on your flight departure.
Accommodation: Not included
Meal Plan: Breakfast
Some Accommodations may ask for seasonal surcharges for the Easter and Christmas Holidays
- Airport transfers
- Accommodations with meals mentioned
- Bottled drinking water
- 4×4 vehicle with knowledgeable driver/guide and fuel
- Entrance fees to the included National Parks
- Activities included on the itinerary
- Flights and visas
- All optional activities
- Meals not mentioned and beverages
- Tips and personal expenses such as laundry and communication
- We use 4×4 Vehicles on our tours.
- We want to give our customers the best trip to East Africa, so we are very flexible and very accommodating and we are willing to go an extra mile. During the trip the car and driver are there for the clients, so they decide where to stop, how long to stop etc.!
- During the trip the guide makes sure there is a good place to have breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast and dinner are normally in the lodge, lunch can be a lunch box or a stop in a restaurant.
- In the event government taxes and/or the Uganda/Rwanda/Kenya Wildlife Authority rates will increase the above mentioned total price shall be amended accordingly. All activities and accommodations are subject to availability.
[caldera_form_modal id=”CF59a2a8cbcbf7f” type=”button” width=”600″]Send Enquiry[/caldera_form_modal]