3-Day Bwindi Gorillas Tour – Short Break
We have designed a well-balanced programme with little stress. Depart from Kigali Airport on Day 1, stay in a comfortable lakeside lodge for two nights while you track the gorillas in the day time, then return to Kigali airport on Day 3. All ground transport from airport to lodge and trailhead are included. See below for a day-to-day itinerary:
Day 1: Transfer from Kigali to Lake Mutanda
A representative from Dream It Do It East Africa Safaris will pick you from from Kigali Airport. From Kigali Airport he/ she will transfer you in about 4, 5 hours to the resort overlooking Lake Mutanda and the Virunga volcanoes. You’ll sleep in one of their nice self-contained safari cottages. From here you will depart tomorrow for the gorilla tracking!
Note: Your international flight must arrive at 1 pm local time or earlier. If your flight is arriving later we will book a room for you in Kigali at costs price. We will then pick you up from Kigali the next day.
Note 2: We advise you to arrange an East-Africa visa in advance. This is $100 pp and will allow you to multiple enter both Uganda and Rwanda
Accommodation: Mutanda Lake Resort
Meal Plan: Lunch & Dinner
Day 2: Gorilla Tracking
Today is the big day… prepare yourself for an encounter with one of Bwindi’s gentle giants: the rare Mountain Gorilla. For most people this is the absolute highlight of their tour in Uganda. Our Driver Guide will pick you from the lodge, will drop you at the starting point of the gorilla tracking and will bring you back to the lodge after your tracking.
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest boasts both Mountain Gorillas and Chimpanzees – the only forest in Africa which can make this claim, in fact. It also hosts five other species of primate, 113 species of mammal, over 200 butterflies and 360 birds. The gorillas you track belong to one of nine habituated family groups who can tolerate the presence of humans for a brief period every day.
En route to the gorillas, your guide will point out signs of previous gorilla activity, including dung, nests and chewed bamboo shoots. Your gorilla tracking will be an exciting journey along forested slopes, entwined vines, bushes and bamboo before you eventually reach the gorilla family.
The time taken to track the gorillas can be as few as 2 hours to as many as 7 hours. Once the gorillas have been located, your group will be allowed a maximum of one hour with them. Coming face-to-face with a mountain gorilla is a truly humbling and emotional experience. This is a fantastic and privileged opportunity to get up close and personal with Uganda’s very own ‘Gorillas in the Mist’.
Accommodation: Mutanda Lake Resort
Meal Plan: Breakfast, packed lunch, dinner
Day 3: Return to Kigali
After breakfast (inclusive) you drive back to Kigali Airport making sure you check in 3 hours before departure time.
Please make sure your international flight departure is not before 4 pm. If your flight is earlier we will book an extra night in Kigali for you at cost price.
Please let us know if you wish us to include one (or more) extra nights at the stunning Mutanda Lake Resort.
Accommodation: Not included
Meal Plan: Breakfast
Some lodges may ask for seasonal surcharges for the Easter and Christmas Holidays
- Airport transfers
- Accommodations with meals mentioned
- Bottled drinking water
- 4×4 vehicle with knowledgeable driver/guide and fuel
- Entrance fees to the included National Parks
- Activities included on the itinerary
- Flights and visas
- All optional activities
- Meals not mentioned and beverages
- Tips and personal expenses such as laundry and communication
- We use 4×4 Vehicles on our tours.
- We want to give our customers the best trip to East Africa, so we are very flexible and very accommodative and we are willing to go an extra mile.
- During the trip the car and driver are there for the clients, so they decide where to stop, how long to stop etc.!
- During the trip the guide makes sure there is a good place to have breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast and dinner are normally in the lodge, lunch can be a lunch box or a stop in a restaurant
- In the event government taxes and/or the Uganda/Rwanda/Kenya Wildlife Authority rates will increase the above mentioned total price shall be amended accordingly. All activities and accommodations are subject to availability.
[caldera_form_modal id=”CF59a2a8cbcbf7f” type=”button” width=”600″]Send Enquiry[/caldera_form_modal]